AUDITION TIPS WITH ADESUA ETOMI

Hi everyone. Do you know how Stella Damasus became a star. she went with her friend to an audition cos she was bored at home. she didn’t even go there to audition but the casting director saw her and asked her to read for a role. The rest is history. Some of you still go around looking for easy routes to the industry. Not smart! Auditions are still very powerful. Its how i met fantastic people like Ivie Okujaye, Wole Ojo, Adesua Etomi, keira Hewatch, gregory Ojefua, Somkele Iyama, Blossom Chukwujekwu and many more. You must learn to take auditions seriously. Its the the surest way of getting there.

Now lets watch this delicious video featuring my baby Girl Adesua on Auditions

KEY POINTS

NUMBER ONE: Do not be late, Be early, Be punctual, acknowledge the casting panel and always remember to smile. Be polite, be friendly and be very warm.1

NUMBER TWO: Dress appropriately i.e dress how you want to be addressed. Remember it is an audition not a striptease.2

NUMBER THREE: Keep eye contact.3

NUMBER FOUR: Be yourself, be friendly and be confident in your abilities. Your strongest point is that you walk into that room as yourself.4

NUMBER FIVE:  Be prepared… for anything. Be open minded, be versatile and most importantly… listen to the director.5

NUMBER SIX: Ask questions. Its shows a willingness to understand the character better.6

NUMBER SEVEN: This is film not theatre so tone down the theatrics. DO NOT OVER DO IT. The character should come from the inside out not from the outside in.     7

Thank you guys for watching. and by the way, where are your auditions for Nina and Adam. Its like you guys don’t want us to make this movie abi. issokay

Categories:   Acting, Smart Stuff, Uncategorized

Comments

• Posted: August 30, 2016 19:22

Omobola Akinde

Nice awesome stuff. This is long overdue
  • Posted: August 30, 2016 19:22

Biba

Great! You know Niyi, in this world of plenty wahala one gets sad every now and then, but visiting your blog always cheers me up, no matter how serious you want your point to be made, there's always humour, keep it up o jare. We cannot come and go and kill ourselves. P.s My Audition video for Nina coming up.
  • Posted: August 30, 2016 19:30

Ifu

The video was fun to watch!
  • Posted: August 30, 2016 19:35

Tongryang

Awwwh, this video is such a delight to watch. Thank you very to you sir and the beautiful Adesua for this. Great great tips, wish this came alil earlier but its cool. Can't wait for more video like this. This is film school for me*smiles*. BTW Adesua Etomi is so warrm and I love her. OK, going back to watch again
  • Posted: August 30, 2016 19:37

Omoniyi

Wow!! This is brilliant and revealing.. Thanks Niyi ND adesuwa!!!
  • Posted: August 30, 2016 19:47

Waliu

Oga Niyi! ooooooh....You never cease to amaze me.Every post is always filled with humour. But this particular one is dear to me.Hopefully, I'll stop getting No's after following this steps. Ese gan, opoloyin oni daru.
  • Posted: August 30, 2016 19:55

Danny Nwauzorma

Heheehhehehehe.. i actually watched this without audio and the thing still funny.
  • Posted: August 30, 2016 19:56

ose

very intersting and educative.. but adesuwa is a clown sha. my nina audition video coming up
  • Posted: August 30, 2016 21:15

Francisca

Laff wan kill me die. Oga Niyi and adesua will not kill sombori. Thanks for the helpful tips. Best blog ever.
  • Posted: August 30, 2016 21:17

pete osemeke

Hahhahahaha..like seriously you should send your Nina and Adam audition clips ooo...else...isiokeee!lolz.nice one from Adesua(real fulltime Clown)...
  • Posted: August 30, 2016 22:07

Barnabas Emordi

wow ! very lovely and educating Thanks oga niyi and adesua. Oya you guys should send in your audition videos, lets make this movie
  • Posted: August 30, 2016 23:00

Sandra ufuoma

So illuminating. When you get to learn and still laugh at the same time, i call that double dosage! Thank u boss Niyi and beautiful Adesua.. Really amazing espc the intro "no easy routes, auditions are still powerful"
  • Posted: August 31, 2016 00:27

Okorafor Orji John

Smiles.....
  • Posted: August 31, 2016 05:00

Temitope Akinyede

Thank you. I really needed this. #aspiringactor
  • Posted: August 31, 2016 07:05

Ebere Okorie

?????? This is the best way to learn. Laughing and learning. Thanks a lot for the tips
  • Posted: August 31, 2016 07:05

Sphinx

Hello Niyi, I've been opportuned to organise and be part of some auditions and one major ish I have is the lack of preparations by hopeful actors. I mean from dressing to their absolute lack of knowledge about common acting tips. I mean it can be gotten from google. They always want to wing it. From a hundred people who audition, only about 20 know why they are there. And then only half of that have real talent. Thanks for these tips. Hopefully a lot of upcoming actors will take note.
  • Posted: August 31, 2016 08:06

dipe funmilola

I laugh tiried ni fa! ....awesome one from Adesua. On point And precise. thank you.will make sure all my ppl see this
  • Posted: August 31, 2016 08:20

Nwagbaraocha Emeka

My data ooooh.... But was really helpful especially the overdo part...
  • Posted: August 31, 2016 08:51

Ramat

Really great stuff. The visuals were really great.
  • Posted: August 31, 2016 12:37

Afolayan Dammy(Easyyoke)

The best way to teach sometimes is being funny. This is so funny that an olodo and a saddist shud be able to get this straight to their heads without any explanation again. Lol. More Wisdom to you Mr. NIYI
  • Posted: August 31, 2016 13:33

Abosi Ogba

Okay. Another beautiful video. Thumbs up Susu and Niyi!
  • Posted: September 1, 2016 11:47

Bernie Wills

Thanks to you and Adesuwa for this. I can't believe I have never really bothered to read up on auditions. Something most actors including me assume we know yet don't. Will share this. Thanks again.
  • Posted: September 2, 2016 01:36

Presh

And now I know. Tnk u Niyi et Adesuwa. ❤
  • Posted: September 2, 2016 20:05

phoenix

Adesuwa is so pretty.
  • Posted: September 6, 2016 07:35

Wande

Insightful. Most casting directors are actors/directors, be ready for anything or they psych you out! Poise/carriage matters.
  • Posted: September 6, 2016 19:18

StanOlisa

But how do we post for the Nina audition?? Cause I would really love to participate.
  • Posted: September 14, 2016 09:09

Chrinstine

Howdy would you mind stating which blog platform you're working with? I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm having a tough time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique. P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask! http://bing.net
    • Posted: September 17, 2016 07:12

wordpress
  • Posted: October 15, 2016 05:52

Love mba

This is an absolute delight to watch ..Tnks Niyi and Adesuwa u both are amazing and have definitely learnt so much from watching the video !!
  • Posted: October 17, 2016 17:54

Graziella

This is explicit and beautiful!
  • Posted: February 12, 2017 22:12

Ruky Toje

Thanks for this awesome info but Niyi, how does one get to know when auditions are going on? Is there like a forum or social media account that has a record or post updates of upcoming auditions? If der isn't any, i think you could add it to the top 5 things you are doing in the blog this 2017. By the way, this question is for those who have interest in acting but currently work an 8 - 5pm job due to circumstance. I really hope you respond to my comment. Thank you, Ruky.
    • Posted: February 14, 2017 20:48

I usually post auditions on fb and IG
  • Posted: May 3, 2017 17:37

Balqees

If I say this is meaningless then I don't know what I want.... After watching and reading this I learnt alot of things that will certainly prepare me for any audition... Looking forward to seeing any audtion update on ur IG page sir.. Thanks for this and thanks to miss Adesua for sharing her knowledge and idea with us.
  • Posted: June 13, 2017 08:33

Oluleye Ann Tosin

Nice one. Am a theatre person gradually sliding into movies. Do you have suggestions on a successful transition from stage to movies? Thanks
  • Posted: August 22, 2017 12:33

Gabrella

I love it thanks admin but how do i get notice of audition so i can try.