OYA…LET’S MAKE THIS DELICIOUS MOVIE

We are about to start work on our short film

We are about to start work on our short film

Okay so I’ve been quite busy selling The Arbitration tickets and feeling good about the movie. Now its time to get back to what we started. If you are new to the blog, read this.

FIRST…..PRE-PRODUCTION

This is the first phase of any movie and since we are all doing this together, I need you all to be involved in some of the decision making. Remember, the end goal of this project is to learn a lot of film-making so everyone’s opinion matters. The winning script is “Room 315” as you all know. if you haven’t read it, please download the PDF file here ROOM 315 first draft @AbosiOgba. its just 10 pages. don’t be lazy. I have started my creative breakdown of Abosi’s script. I will share in detail with you soon. You will get to learn how a director breaks down the ideas of the script and why he makes the choices he decides on both technically and creatively. We will shoot this film hopefully before end of September.

Now, together, we need to work on three things.

1. LOCATION.
We need an office for the film

We need an office for the film

Room 315 happens in a Psychotherapist’s office. We will need a large area office with three critical parts. (1). a desk area. (2) a therapy area where you have the therapist chair and the patient’s couch (preferably a reclininer) and (3) a large book shelf for aesthetics. Do you have access to or know anyone with that kind of setup?. Even if it’s not perfect, we can add bits to it and learn some set designing along the way. We would be willing to pay a little token for the space. The shoot will happen in just one day. Send photos to niyiakinmolayan@gmail.com

The characters in the story also narrate an event in an abortion clinic. I haven’t decided yet but i might shoot it as a flashback. That will require a location too.

2. FILM SCORE

We need a delicious score

We need a delicious score

Yeske!…Music is actually a decision i make early on in all my films. Reading Room 315, i discovered the storytelling will cut deep with good music. I need someone to give us something really good that we can work with. I am suggesting three themes (1), the main theme….(2) a theme for the montage of different patients. i title it “They Come here Everyday” …..(3). a theme that reveals the connection between the characters. I title it “We are all connected”. Are you a film composer and want to be part of this? get to work. I need three pieces of music for the film. send your ideas to niyiakinmolayan@gmail.com.  the winner gets a very special gift. They get to score my next Feature film…and trust me, thats a big deal. I hope you people know i have a secret agenda to use this blog to make and also find the best talents in the country cos i love working with the best.

3. ACTORS

We need actors

We need actors

ROOM 315 has five main characters. 3 males 2 females. Dr Stone (50s), Edwina Taiwo (40s), Nina (25), Rev. Adam Atonye (50s), Mr Taiwo (50s). Out of these 5, I will be calling for an open audition for two characters, Nina (25) and Rev. Adam Atonye (50s). The remaining three characters will be known professionals. I have started talking to some already and they are excited. They will be doing it free of charge and this will also help in sharing experience and knowledge by combining accomplished actors with new ones. Now how do we go about the Audition.

Nina and Rev Adam characters. Read the script, pick a side  that won’t exceed one minute (a side is a portion of script usually used in auditions). Make sure its a side in the dialogue that’s captivating and compelling enough. Record an audition of that character reading that side. once you are good to go, Upload it on Instagram with the Hashtag #ROOM315NINA for actresses playing Nina and #ROOM315ADAM for actors playing Adam. Its open now till September 10th. Remember, you don’t have to strictly be that age if your performance can pull it off. I will make my choice based on popular demand so impress everyone. I encourage practicing actors too to partake. be a good sport! The two selected actors will get N50k each. (Our money don dey reduce o…chai)

So are we excited. Remember, the three main stages of the production will be streamed live. The cast/crew meeting, the actual Shoot and the Post-production process. We will reveal our technical partners soon. In the meantime, I might be doing some live streams on facebook soon as we go along.

Let’s make this movie. If you need more clarification…hit the comments section. Peace out yo!

Comments

• Posted: August 22, 2016 18:51

Michael Akinrogunde

Thank you is all I can say Uncle Niyi, thank you!
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 18:52

EmmaGination

Well-done Sir Niyi nice one. Errmm my question is will the film have just five characters?
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 19:00

@joerocks_hq

Awesomeness mehn!!!
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 19:04

Bobby RAK

oya... let's go dia!
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 19:11

Abosi Ogba

Correct! Every body gets a chance!
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 19:23

James Olorunosebi

For location, you can use my facility. The token sounds delicious. *winks and lolling to myself. Okay, my place is a 4 bedroom gigantic place. Its on the main road off Iju road, at a bus stop called Taqwa. It is a makeup outfit with spa, training room and lots of lights. Parking space is like the city of Texas. I can swallow up 20 cars. I have an awesome generator that carries all my airconditioners. My bae will provide makeup. I have ample room for equipment. Simply type on your Uber app "Annie La Belle", select the one that reads Ifako-Ijaiye, not the one in Pau in France or Marseilles. E ma lo sonu ooo. On Google map do the same thing.
    • Posted: August 22, 2016 19:35

Lol...sounds big. Is it possible for you to send me photos
      • Posted: September 1, 2016 20:39

James Olorunosebi

Chaiii, since Auguest 22, I am just seeing this. I have to RSS feed to comments ooooo. Okay, I will send the photographs tonight if I have a WhatsApp number to send to, or an email address. I can be reached on james.olorunosebi@gmail.com and WhatsApp on +2348061572794.
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 19:41

Ndy Godwin

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 20:12

Queen Olekanma

this is truly commendable. I for one will be auditioning for the role of nina because 'acting is bae'. I would like to ask though,is it possible to volunteer on set during production,just to learn at the feet of the greats? That would be greatly appreciated
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 20:35

Kolade

Well done Boss! Looks like you've got the audition covered..but if there's any need for a Casting Directors input... I'm offering my services pro bono (so that I can charge you well for your next feature! Lol). Thanks for this one-of-a-kind project! Let's do this
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 21:01

Divine

Well done boss
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 21:09

Barnabas Emordi

Yaaasss! It will be an honour being a member of the crew sir. Let's make this happen!
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 21:10

Gboyega

Yes oh!! I'm also interested in volunteering. To do ANYTHING so long as I'm on the set.. Lol! I will also put in for the Rev Adam role. I must not carry last in this project.
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 21:23

Jessica

Yaay! This Jollof film is almost cooked oo! I am volunteering as the Production manager or coordinator of this shoot 100% availability.. Thank you
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 21:33

Nnamdi Kanaga

Since only 2 actors are needed, im volunteering for my other skill " Makeup "... Id stil try to audition for Adam tho " my tiny self" lmao!!!! Weldone boss!??!
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 21:36

Biba

This is great....on it.
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 21:40

Priye Diri

I sha want to be part of the crew... Learn on the job but I'm excited. ... Excited to see this project kickoff
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 21:42

Blessing

Yayyyyyyy am auditioning for the character Nina.. hope I win . Good bless U
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 22:44

Alberta

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Audition time... Nina here I come
  • Posted: August 22, 2016 22:46

Alberta

Will love 2 help behind the scenes even if I don't get to play Nina which I know I will... this will help me gain some experience for my future as a producer.
  • Posted: August 23, 2016 03:20

Osas

I would love to contribute my own part to this project, I can work as camera assistant, sound man or a boom swinger.
  • Posted: August 23, 2016 07:27

Bibby

Would love to be on the crew. Awesome script.
  • Posted: August 23, 2016 11:59

Dipe funmlola

Nice Mr Niyi. wish ic ould be there on set but ....... well! observing sha! I can feel this greatness already. You will hear from me soon
  • Posted: August 23, 2016 13:24

Chaz Cephaz

Am an up and coming director cum writer. I won't mind you taking me under your wing and let me have a first hand experience of how you do the tricks of a master magician. Age ain't nothing for me. Wanna let from the best. Been following up since I learnt of the screenwriting contest and I ask what has this guy got that I haven't, which makes him so successful in all he does, ranging from the technical inputs/outputs to people management skills. Pls allow me to work with you as an assistant director or a production hand close to the director who happens to be you and I will be eternally grateful for this. Nore grace to your efforts bro.
  • Posted: August 23, 2016 14:06

ojo

am following. wanna be a part.
  • Posted: August 23, 2016 16:01

pete osemeke

Great...let's make it happen...I can do the Continuity sir if given the opportunity...was breed by Ndifreke...Thanks sir.
  • Posted: August 23, 2016 16:04

Blessing A

Thank you for this platform sir, but hope the audition won't be based totally on the number of Instagram likes. You know some might garner more likes than the others, simply based on the number of friends they have, while others with lesser friends would b at d receiving end. Thanks
    • Posted: August 23, 2016 16:25

don't worry about that. we've thought about it
  • Posted: August 23, 2016 20:06

Nuella E

Thank you very much Sir for this wonderful opportunity........more grace in ur endeavors Sir
  • Posted: August 23, 2016 21:22

Tongryang

Wow! How have I managed to miss this greatness cooking here? Chai, thank God I ran into your Instagram page and your blog. This is a great initiative sir, well done and thank you. Will surely audition for Nina
  • Posted: August 24, 2016 03:31

Ejiro

Magniicient! Sir Niyi my hands dey up for crew member o: continuity, boom, gbogbotigbo. Kolade I sight you
  • Posted: August 24, 2016 05:39

sola

i want to volunteer for crew detail, if i can, please.
  • Posted: August 24, 2016 07:23

Michael Lawrence

Work don start be that o... Oya arise, spirit of filmmaking... It's our work.
  • Posted: August 24, 2016 20:05

jennine

Well done Mr. Niyi. Please don't forget to include we upcoming directors in your project, would be an honour working alongside you. Kudos!
  • Posted: August 25, 2016 06:35

Elijah

Audition time!
  • Posted: August 25, 2016 09:03

Florence

Great. Like play,like play our film is finally going to be done . congrats to Abosi the writer. I read the script since and I was awed. As a writer myself, I went in search of his blog and I love his succint write-ups; very short and poignant. Me, I'd love to volunteer to just come and observe the production process. And be helpful as an extra hand, even if it's to serve food, no problem.
  • Posted: August 30, 2016 23:08

Sandra ufuoma

Lets go there.... Excited about this!
  • Posted: August 31, 2016 10:33

Omoruyi Uyi Tony

Well done sir... First time on the blog and I ain't going no where. As for volunteering, I don't know if you are like mourinho who like specialist in particular positions. I can gladly, diligently and professionally be your focus puller on set Sir. Uyiomoruyit@gmail.com
  • Posted: September 11, 2016 00:05

Evelyn John

I got this info late...buh i just want to say that i will love to work with you Mr Niyi Akinmolayan.....
  • Posted: September 15, 2016 15:00

Dian

I volunteer to provide 5 cartons of bottle water and also work as a personal assistant to the producer or assistant production manager for this project. I wish I could offer more but as an upcoming actor in this buhari's change administration, this is my widow's mite. I pray it's acceptable.