LETS TALK ABOUT ALL THESE ORISIRISI CAMERAS

I wanna talk about one of the most challenging decisions you will have to make as a filmmaker in Nigeria. We love effizy and we usually get led astray by them. Contrastingly, we also love to cut corners and end up suffering for it. On Saturday, I will help you make smart decisions about which camera to buy/rent and why Big cameras do not always make big movies.

But to make this detailed enough, I want you all to send me questions on camera choices you want to make. Also let me know what you have been told so I can help clarify them technically and from experience.

Producers and directors home and in diaspora will find the post very very useful. 80% of the time, our camera choices are wrong.

Hit me up with questions and rumors  you’ve heard and I’ll prepare for Friday night’s post on cameras.

Categories:   Director and Crew, orisirisi, Smart Stuff, Techy Stuff

Comments

• Posted: July 5, 2016 20:55

Danny Nwauzorma

I love cameras quite alright, and if i were to get a camera, an affordable one. Three things come to mind. 1. The dynamic range 2. The frame size (full frame, APS-C or Micro 4 third) 3. Performance in low light (This one is the most important of the three) Right now my dream camera is Canon C300 Mark II. Its packs with it all i need for an awesome shoot. But as a poor boy weh i be, i use this principle... its not about the body, its about making use of the right lenses. Its worked for me in many ways. The real magic happens in post if you execute your shoot with precision.
  • Posted: July 5, 2016 21:15

Uncle FRED

I need a camera for filming documentaries,movies,interviews,music videos,commercials and events etc that is very affordable
  • Posted: July 5, 2016 22:06

Nelson Bright

I own a black magic Ursa 4k EF ild like to read about your perspective on its frame rates dynamic rage post with the Davici Resolve on an imac 5k, that's my current setup.
  • Posted: July 6, 2016 05:06

Tobi Obishakin

Nice topic,can't wait for saturday becuase most time I rely on my Director to pick the camera to be used.
  • Posted: July 6, 2016 07:24

kingsteph

Me I get canon 650d...........do i have hope ooooo
  • Posted: July 6, 2016 10:32

Yemi Daramola

Another great topic of intention, will you be including the choice of whether to hire or buy camera or filming equipments? I think this is also an area to explore.
    • Posted: July 6, 2016 10:36

Yes I will...noted
  • Posted: July 6, 2016 12:05

O'Fresh

Yeah yeah... I agree that these orisirisiri cameras can give headaches jare... Especially these days in which your client would even tell you what camera they want you to use on their job...
  • Posted: July 9, 2016 13:24

Apata

Wow.. Thanks sir. I want to be filming quality YouTube videos, skits,commentaries,pranks, interviews and more. What kinda camera would be best?
  • Posted: July 18, 2016 08:52

Razaq

I'd always to shoot crazy stuffs like underwater, fast moving cars in the rain etc
    • Posted: July 18, 2016 09:04

Go for it. Nollywood needs interesting stuff like that
  • Posted: July 18, 2016 19:36

Akin Abiola

I love this. very helpful. thank you sir
  • Posted: July 24, 2016 11:05

Akinola Akinlade

Hi sir, I'm a big fan of the Sony A7S because of its ability to shoot in low light but is it the right choice to by in making films that are cinema worthy? Thanks
    • Posted: July 24, 2016 12:23

A lot of good looking films have been shot with it. You should do a good job in post though to get the best out of it
  • Posted: July 29, 2016 06:48

Bernie Wills

I know nothing about cameras and lens. I just depend on the director and the usually play God. I'm ready to learn anything and everything you have. Thanks in advance.
  • Posted: May 14, 2017 06:30

Kingsley Oboro

I use a Canon 5D Mark 3 with some lenses. I made a music Video for a client who later said that it was turned down because it did not meet up to their requirements. I wonder what I did wrong though I shot at 24 frames before he sent the sheet from MTV Base saying 25fps. Since then I have been shooting 25fps but I wonder what else i might be doing wrong. Would also like to know the best Render settings to achieve best quality after shooting with the 5D Mark 3. Lastly, is my Camera still good for the market when making a top notch film for Cinema view? Thanks
  • Posted: May 17, 2017 14:51

JOSHUA

if you are interested , lets make a Movie together , contact me on whatsapp 08112599308